What is the CONALEP
National College of Technical Professional Education
The National College of Technical Professional Education, is an upper secondary educational institution, part of the National System of Technological Education with the aim of forming Profesionales Técnicos (middle level technicians with official recognition) and Profesionales Técnicos –Bachiller (middle level technicians with official recognition and a high school diploma) with an option to continue onto higher education.
Its academic model provides students with a comprehensive education that incorporates technological and scientific advances of the knowledge society, for the full development of their potential and their harmonious integration into their social and professional contexts.
CONALEP students receive a competency-based education with a constructivist approach to knowledge, which gives them the opportunity to join the world of work, generate their own source of employment or, if they wish, continue their studies at the tertiary level.
At the conclusion of their careers, CONALEP issues the student’s study certificate and high school diploma where appropriate, both recognized by the federal Secretary of Public Education (SEP), and solicits from the SEP the emission of the student’s professional license.
Offer formation of Profesionales Técnicos and Profesionales Técnicos –Bachiller which is relevant, flexible and cutting-edge, consistent with the changing needs of the world of work, to contribute to national, regional and state development of our country.
Currently, CONALEP consists of:
· A central unit that regulates and coordinates the system, located in Metepec, State of Mexico.
· 307 campuses operated by 30 state colleges, the Decentralized Operating Unit for the Federal District, and a Representation in the State of Oaxaca.
· 8 Centres of Assistance and Technical Services (CAST) for industry.
47 careers grouped in 7 areas of vocational training:
In the area of Production and Processing:
• Production and processing of aquaculture products
• Environmental conservation
• Industrial food processing
• Industrial Chemistry
• Mining metallurgist
• Graphic arts
• Health and safety and civil protection
• Industrial productivity
• Quality control
• Garment industry
• Machine tooling
• Production of footwear
In Maintenance & Installation:
• Food and beverages
• Maintenance of aviation engines and gliders
• Maintenance of aircraft frames and coverings
• Maintenance of automated systems
• Alternative sources of energy
• Refrigeration and air conditioning
• Industrial electro-mechanics
• Automotive maintenance
• Diesel engines
In Technology and Transportation:
• Support and maintenance of computer equipment
• Digital graphic expression
• Truck and Bus Operator
• General nursing
• Assistant and dental prosthetist
• Respiratory therapy
• Community health
Electricity and Electronics:
• Industrial electricity
• Maintenance of electronic systems
• Aviation electronic systems
In Accounting and Management:
• Managers’ assistant
• Hospitality for tourism